Sunday, October 3, 2010

Posts form Nepal.

10/22/10

The lot of these seem to be incoherent and incomplete but I suppose they serve a purpose whether I know what that is at this time or not.

Part fuck I don't know, we'll call it "5" - the Canadians

Cat, Britney & Paul(?).

Young 20 something Canadians sitting lamenting their time in Nepal, a distraction from the grind of life in shanghai and New York respectively. Although the grind is hard, the material payoff is worth it; or the prospect there of. Through conversation talk of institutional impropriety is dismissed as a sad consequence of being caught rather than graft of those whom you bare fiduciary responsibility being the problem. Granted I am no authority on canadians but as an American, I myself anyway have this romanticized vision of them being this somehow better or at least of a more compassionate nature than we.

The interaction with them remind me of my time at one unnamed financial giant that benefited from a large cash injection of my money via the treasury and at the expense if my fellow Americans. The irony, or perhaps lack there of perhaps was the age old finical wisdom of graft and or deception still considered status quo.

Conversation drifted to the times article about the secret world of partners at GS or there secret fall from the inter circle and the hope that these wall street insiders would someday become chief regulators, the vary people who are meant to prevent wholesale graft becoming the proverbial foxes in the hen house.

Would it be acceptable to put a pedophile as the administrator in a daycare? I think not, yet we advocate for those who wish to fulfill their own immediate gratification at the expense of those just as naive.


Sent from my iPhone