Monday, July 19, 2010

On oral surgery

Just some thoughts....

On Thursday I had 4 wisdom teeth removes, as a 36 year old male this is quite a horrific experience.

My first memory is being led out of the operating room and on to the curb where an orderly was told to get me in a cab, in my loopy state I told the kind fellow I was ok and I could walk home, form 16th street and 2 ave to 83rd street and York. He said ok, you look good to me. While I am no expert, I am pretty sure this was illegal; I then spent the next hour trying to find morels in Whole Food in Union Sq, success, I have yet to eat them as I am still having issues chewing.

Day two: what was I thinking, I need to go find plantains in east Harlem because while you are still suffering form post anesthesia insanity (yes, they put me out with a general), the best thing to do is to walk around aimlessly in 100 deg weather...

As they days have passed, only a couple, I must admit, perhaps eating mofongo con chichron is not the best choice of meals when you can not chew on any side. Currently it looks like I was hit in the face with a canseco bat and some how crawled out of the sewer. Errrr.


Just a rant!