Thursday, July 29, 2010

New York City, the living breating ant farm

It is kind of funny, some things you take for granted, but I had a realization this evening. New York is living and berating. While trying to move all my superfluous crap out of my apartment on the Upper East Side on the eve of the new month, it has amazed me how fast thing that are placed on the side walk disappear into the night. Doesn't mater, if it is a microwave, bed, couch, elephant, where there is a precised dollar value there is a picker. It is like a giant rat maze where there are droppers and fetchers, the two don't have a understood schedule, or maybe they do the picker being the smarter of the two, but as fast as it goes out, the instant it goes away. I have yet to see anyone take anything, or walk down the sidewalk for that matter, but once I return to the building and return down the stairs, the items are gone. it as if they move between worlds or time space for that matter.

perhaps only a video can portray the real movement of the city.