Thursday, September 16, 2010

An exercise in brilliance! Self, thy worst enemy.


T - minus 14 hours and counting until liftoff for Nepal.


Jogged 4 miles in the rain in anticipation of 30k a day hikes up tall mountains with limited oxygen. No doubt am I ready for the adventure and pain ahead. If I live and nothing else, at least I will be fit as a burro after the big fight.


Seems to be par for the course really... or of late anyway.


Did manage to see a few interesting things on my gallivant across Brooklyn this evening however.


A first, at least in the united states. A two block live poultry market. It wasn't that fact that it was a poultry market per se, but rather the fact that it took place on Flushing Avenue, for two blocks mind you. Trailer ofter tailer, crate after crate, nothing but feathers and the stench of death lurking. Perhaps it was not only the death alone, but the fact that there must have been at least five or six hundred people in attendance. The event seemed not only for the matriarch or patriarch however,  but a gathering for the whole family. I found it rather odd to see childern no older than 5 or 6 years of age hold these foul in the air while take close note of their assets, if that is how you refer to the greater parts of the flock anatomy.


Perhaps this is just a reflection on what was lacking in my own childhood. Wait a fucking minuet, what the hell am i going on about. I have a leaking skylignt and I am lamenting hasidic children fondling the undersides of live game. I must really need a vacation. 


File this under what are you thinking................